Ace Your Audit with These 5 Janitorial Processes
It is easy for a janitorial vendor to promise you “audit ready” cleaning services.
But without the right processes, all you’re really getting is “extra” help to prepare areas that are not included as part of the regular cleaning processes, or scope of work. And extra help is often code for extra cost.
At Allegiance, we believe that thorough, complete, and high-quality cleaning should not have to wait until an audit is scheduled.
“Audit ready” is the bar we set for our work every day, and we don’t charge extra for it. We believe our clients’ facilities should be audit ready all the time and our processes are designed to ensure that nothing is overlooked, on audit day or any other.
Here’s how we do it:
- Know the Flow: It starts with making sure we know the facilities, process and workflow of our clients in detail. This includes a thorough understanding of the “hot spot route” that VIPs and auditors follow during a tour or inspection. These inspection pathways can be different for every client. Our managers closely inspect these pathways daily.
- Ensure that Nothing Is Overlooked: It’s just as important to establish a diligent process for non hot spots. A 9-point inspection follows a rotating schedule of areas to ensure that up to 45 separate areas get cleaned a minimum of once a week, including stairwells, offices, supply closets, manufacturing aisles, and other nooks and crannies that could otherwise be overlooked.
- Take a Fresh Point of View: Thorough and audit-ready cleaning doesn’t just follow a prescribed list. Our teams are constantly adjusting their point of view, looking up, down and under for dirt, dust and disarray that may have been missed. Cobwebs on walls or over doorways are easily overlooked by janitorial vendors just checking off boxes.
- Maintain a Consistent Schedule of Periodic Work: Cleaning and maintenance tasks that require attention every two to three months should also be worked into the schedule to maintain a threshold of clean and tidy floors, walls, and ceilings.
- Document the Processes: Site manuals ensure that processes are followed consistently, without deviation, especially for facilities that have to meet stringent protocols for health and safety like pharmaceutical and healthcare.
Don’t Settle for Ordinary when You Can Have Audit-Ready Clean
We know how important it is to ensure that your facility is looking its best when visitors and auditors arrive. But our goal is to ensure your facility is kept clean and safe for everyone, every day.
A diligent janitorial partner is one that is committed to the safety, health, and cleanliness of your workplace every day. If your janitorial provider is charging you extra for audit cleaning or leaving areas like stairwells or jobs like floor stripping, waxing, and buffing undone until it’s time for the auditors, you’ve got the wrong janitorial provider. And providers who charge extra for audit-readiness can put you at risk of a bad audit when tasks must be completed in a rush.
Look for a janitorial partner with a plan for keeping your facility clean and audit-ready all the time, with no hidden costs.
At Allegiance, we have decades of experience providing a wide range of commercial cleaning services for industries where there is no room for error, like pharmaceutical, hospitals and surgical centers, who trust our processes to keep them audit-ready, year-round.